wetranstech controls the translation process very strictly.
At Wetranstech, our document translation projects require a high level of language expertise, as dialect and cultural competence can affect the meaning of a translation. Each translation is managed by a professional team following strict protocols, as described in the workflow below:
The first stage of the translation workflow is project planning. In this step, the project manager evaluates the original document like its word count, page count, source language and the client's request including target language, file format, etc. to work out an estimated cost and delivery time.
- 1.The source material and all the specific requirements are sent to Project Manager. Confirmation of receipt sent on the same business day.
- 2.Assessing source material, reference material, existing translation memory, existing glossaries.
- 3.Total cost based on proposed rate and estimated delivery time for this assignment will be provided as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours. Email acceptance is requested.
- 4.Finalize project requirements and assign translation team.
Translation shall start upon client approval. In this step, the account manager communicates the status of the project to the client. Any relevant information or changes requested by the client are relayed to the project manager and he or she will then forward to the translators.
- 1.Upon document checking and acceptance, translation starts.
- 2.Create/update glossaries and translation memories.
- 3.Translate into the target language(s).
- 4.Client feedback.
- 5.Pre-processing and post-processing are parts of process.
- 6.Translations are produced in the format(s) requested like doc, docx, xls, ppt, pdf, csv, txt, idd, etc.
Proofreading and Editing
After the translation workflow, the document is proofread by a linguist for accuracy and to ensure meaning and context is not lost. Editing of grammar, punctuation, and payout are completed during this workflow.
- 1.Completed translation is sent to an equally qualified proofreader/editor.
- 2.Document is proofread by subject matter expert
- 3.Document is edited for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- 4.Quality control, accuracy, layout checks are all done by proofreader.
Assignment is now completed and files are delivered to Project Manager.
Arrange an in-house checking after all the processes above to make a final confirmation of the translation quality before delivering to the client.
- 1.Client feedback. Deal with client feedback and reply with comments.
- 2.Invoice sent to client (by e-mail or submitting to the portal).
Quality Control Plan
All steps above are overseen and checked by team.